In july 2020 the centre existed 20 years.
Here you can watch a slideshow about some highlights and changes during these years.
Many improvements, large and small, have been made to the centre over the last 20 years. Below are listed just a few of the most visible and radical changes.
- 2000-2001 To get the centre up and running, an old chapel is converted into a meditation hall, and an outdoor staircase is added to the accommodation building.
- 2004 A natural sewage water treatment system is installed in the meadow
- 2006 The new meditation hall and cell complex are constructed, totally changing the character of the centre
- 2008-2010 An unused building is rebuilt into a residence for male students and servers (MA)
- 2011 The teachers’ residences, including the interview room are constructed in the middle of the campus
- 2013 The former Dhamma hall is rebuilt and converted into a discourse room
- 2014 An upper floor is added to the office building, providing quarters for female servers
- 2015 the former campgrounds across the road from the centre (Driepaal 8) is purchased; male servers’ quarters in the office building are reconstructed
- 2016 the centre closes for several months for a complete renovation of the main accommodation building
- 2019 Quarters for long-term servers are built at Driepaal 8